All the basics you need to know about our range of skip bins for hire in Avondale.
Skip bins are robust, open-top rubbish bins that range in size. From fitting general rubbish to building materials, plant matter or furniture, skip bins come in a variety of available sizes to suit most clean-ups. You can hire skip bins to sit on your property so that you can freely dispose of materials during a cleanup, renovation project, landscaping job, building project, etc. Skips are heavy-duty bins built to withstand years of demanding, rough use by tradespeople or on construction sites.
MOST things can be put into a skip bin. From your building projects to your household spring cleaning, we have skip bins in Avondale that can take almost anything - but there are some exceptions. See below which skip bins can take what kind of rubbish.
GENERAL WASTE SKIP BINS:
Yes: Most regular household items and materials
No: Food items, dusty items (unless bagged), tyres, LPG bottles, asbestos, polystyrene, oils, paints, hazardous liquids and chemicals, any hard fill items such as rocks, bricks, dirt and concrete.
GREEN WASTE SKIP BINS:
Yes: Plant-based materials such as shrubs, trees, flowers, leaves, branches, stumps, weeds, roots and other garden materials.
No: Anything that is not plant-based, such as sizeable quantities of dirt or earth, any household items, chemicals, furniture, general waste etc.
HARD FILL SKIP BINS:
Yes: Hard waste only such as bricks, concrete, soil, dirt, tar-seal.
No: General waste, plant matter, trees, household items, chemicals, liquids, contaminants, furniture, etc.
We’ve made one! Although, if your specific project type isn’t listed here, it doesn’t mean you can’t hire a skip bin. Talk to us if you’re not sure. If you’re in Avondale (or anywhere on the North Shore), we can supply rubbish bin hire in the form of our heavy-duty skips suitable for a wide range of projects that definitely exceeds our list. Depending on the volume of rubbish you need to throw away, and the nature of that rubbish, you can find a solution with us.
The most common projects that our rubbish bin hires are used for in Avondale:
Construction / Building Sites
Any construction work on any scale, from hobby building or DIY renovations to commercial-sized projects will benefit from having on-site disposal to keep your property clear of debris.
If you’re adding a room or deck (or removing portions of your house), keeping a skip bin on the property is really useful for disposing of materials and keeps your worksite tidy and safe.
Expanding, modernising or downsizing offices requires on-site rubbish disposal for streamlined and safe operations.
When you’re clearing your residential property of materials, garage items or garden materials - we’ve got skip bins suitable for a variety of materials to make the process more streamlined.
When your old furniture is falling apart and isn’t in any state to be donated, we have skips that can take your broken furniture and appliances away.
Landscaping and Garden Disposal
We supply specialist green bins for the convenient disposal of organic and garden materials.
Our handy list of tricks on how to fill your skip bins efficiently to save you time, space and cash!
- Break down your bigger rubbish items - to make them lie as flat as possible. This will make fitting them in the skip a lot easier and save you a bit of hassle. If you are short on time on the day of the disposal, plan to collapse all of your appropriate larger items before the skip is delivered to your property so it’s all ready to go straight in the bin!
- Take apart broken or old furniture (or consider donating it, instead.) - Any furniture pieces for disposal should be dismantled to fit in the hire skip bins and take up less space. Do this with the right tools if required, or some flimsier pieces may just be able to be broken apart by hand. If your homeware is still in pretty good condition, consider donating those pieces instead to someone who can give them a second life!
- Make a flexible plan about how to fill the skip bin and what with. - Make a list of everything that needs to be thrown out so that you don’t forget anything that needs to go into our skip bins! You should, if possible, start by filling the bin with the lighter items of rubbish at the bottom of the skip like polystyrene, paper, cardboard and leave heavier things until last. This prevents light items from falling or sliding out of the skip onto the road in transit. Think of filling your hired skip bin hire as a giant game of Tetris or a puzzle. Carefully putting items that fit together into the skip together will maximise your skip bin space. The last thing you want to do is to haphazardly stuff the designated skip bin with any old items that will quickly build up a pile with lots of air pockets that could have otherwise been filled.
- Avoiding air pockets. You want to wisely use the space in the skip bin as much as possible. Don’t waste paid space by not filling it or creating air pockets by mismatched items filling an odd space (this happens a lot with fast or random filling). Filling the bins with hollow objects (bins, buckets, etc.) will negate some space, so as per the previous planning tip, make sure you break down hollow items or fill them up before you toss them in the skip bins! Consider putting awkward items next to the bin as you’re filling it so you can utilise the right space as it appears for those items without forgetting about them.
- Try not to throw anything recyclable in the skip bins! - Recyclable items can be disposed of by your Avondale council in your green bins for free, so don’t waste valuable space in your skip bins for them! Any items made of glass, paper, cardboard and plastic can all be recycled, so depending on their size, consider putting them in your free collected recycling instead.
- Never overfill your skip bin. - Overfilling skip bins is a dangerous practice, not just for the team picking it up and transporting it, but for you and everyone on the road between your Avondale location and the dump. Loose items near the top can become dislodged and fall out onto the road or onto our team, so we charge a fee for overfilled skip bins in Avondale. In extreme cases of overfilling, we will need to offload items that have been piled on top of an overfilled skip before removing the skip from the site. You will need to arrange a second skip to remove those leftover items. We can not take a skip that is dangerously filled under any circumstances.
- Pack your loose items lower in the skip — Smaller and lighter items placed at the top of the bin risk spilling out during transit to the landfill. If you have last-minute additions (and we get that it happens often), be careful that you stuff any smaller items that are just balancing on the top to lower areas so that they don’t become dislodged during the drive. Be careful with your skip packing, make a plan, and avoid frivolous additions to avoid an overfill charge from our collection team.
- Extra items that won’t fit. - If you have any extra or oversized items that are too big for the skip bin, get in touch with our team to discuss a new skip bin for extra bits and bobs that need to go or if they are able to take the oversized items. If your skip bin is already filled to capacity, you will need to let the ASAPSKIPBINS team know if you need extra bits removed before they turn up to collect the agreed-upon skip bin. They can not take individual pieces without pre-planning of a second skip.